**WE ARE ON A BREAK: WE'LL BE BACK ACCEPTING ORDERS FROM 28TH SEP, WITH 1ST DELIVERY BACK TO WHOLESALE BUYERS ON THURS 8TH OCT**

Our Packaging & Delivery

- Little by little, as we grow, we hope to be the greenest company the UK has ever seen - 

                    

PACKAGING:

We've come a long way with our thinking about how to package our goods. We started off not being able to afford anything other than the cheapest of plastics, and then saved up a bit and put change and the impact on our environments at the fore-front of everything we do.

We've always wanted to be as green as we could be, but the harsh realities of overhead costs and overall runnings of a business often makes progress slow. BUT, we are making little changes everyday, and we are trying things out, no matter how ludicrous they may seem (who remembers our edible labels?) to try and think differently, and work against the status quo.

Is it easy? No way. Is it cost effective for us as small business? Right now- not at all. But, can we sleep well at night, knowing that even though we are running a business, our carbon foot print mirrors our private lives ethos? YES we can.

Little by little, as we grow - we hope to be the greenest company the UK has ever seen. We want to hold ourselves accountable for the footprint left behind on every box of goodies, left on every door step.

So, we now use 80% all home compostable packaging. The other 20% is made up of recyclable materials, such as clear glass and paper - and in just a months time (thanks to our work with GROUNDED packaging, and Natureflex) we will be aiming to be 90% home compostable, and 10% recyclable.

                                   

Furthermore, we are extremely proud to say that we have invented an edible ice-pack! Which will be the leading force in getting our goods to you all over the UK, in not only perfect condition- but the greenest way we can think of. *More to be revealed when we go nationwide, so stay tuned!*

- Noticing our milage,has made us think about the efficiency, and environmental impact of being a single delivery service -

DELIVERIES:

We started off delivering everything by bike, we grew too busy to be able to pull it off, so we switched to a pedal delivery service - this grew to be too expensive, so we had to take steps backward... and started delivering by car. Feeling guilty everyday - we saved up, and invested in our own refrigerated delivery van, that has an AdBlue Catalytic Converter. 

                              

'AdBlue® reduces Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) emissions. Nitrogen oxide is a harmful gas that can damage the human respiratory system, reducing lung function, increasing allergen exposure and the risk of respiratory illnesses. It promotes the formation of fine particulate pollution and ground ozone – harmful to both health and vegetation' - https://www.total.co.uk/adblue-what-made-how-work

Now, is it perfect? No. Would it be better if it was electric? Arguably YES! and we promise you that we are saving up for that everyday.

Noticing our milage, has made us think about the efficiency, and environmental impact of being a single delivery service.

Leading us on to one of the reasons why we we've decided that when we expand to nationwide deliveries, it'll be hosted by a third party logistics team. We believe it has got to always be better to have less vans on our roads.

At the moment we are looking into using DPD, noted to be one of the countries leading delivery companies, who are placing the environment as one of their top priorities.

Check them out for more: https://www.dpd.com/group/en/sustainability/