ZERO WASTE TOFU & METHI LEAF CURRY
This dish is a Maurelio (your full time in house tofu maker!) classic, and it’s DELICIOUS!!!! For those of you who don’t know what Methi is - it’s Fenugreek Leaves! & the other greens are simple those bits you may often throw away.
For instance, we all love those little pink/ purple radish balls of tangy juiciness in .. but what do you do with those leaves?
So, here’s a recipe to use those remains up!!
- 2tbsp sunflower oil,
- 1/4tsp fenugreek seeds,
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds,
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder,
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder,
- 1/2 tsp of salt (or to taste)
- 1 finely chopped white onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 250g @theartyvegan TOFU
- & finally your waste leaves about a handful of each.
- First warm up oil in a pan, and then gently fry your spices. Add all of them to the pan, in whole and powder form and wait until you have a strong aroma coming from the fried mix.
- Add your onion, then garlic - once golden brown, add your chopped toms, and then the salt.
- Once everything is starting to cook gently, add your washed and hand ripped leaves
- When wilted, finally add your cubed tofu
- Let it cook for a couple of minutes and then serve with rice/ Okara chapatis/ naan - whatever takes your fancy! We like wild rice bought in bulk from our local refill store.