OVERNIGHT MORNING OATS, WITH SOUR YOGURT TWIST
Sunday is always grinding beans day at the' artyvegan, as we prep for the week ahead but here’s a nice recipe for lazy days...a simple overnight oats for breaky!
* Serves 1, but you can double the amounts to serve 2
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g rough porridge oats
- 100ml unpasteurised freshly squeezed soya mylk
- 2 tbsp natural soya yogurt (you can buy this or, attempt to make your own - following the instructions below)
- If making your own sour yogurt you will need 1 lemon
- 50g mixed berries
- Demerara sugar
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- Some grated dark chocolate
- ½ tbsp of a nut butter
- Mix together the oats, mylk and cinnamon - leave in an airtight container in the fridge overnight
- To make your own yogurt, boil a small pot of mylk, and then leave to cool
- Squeeze your lemon juice, and add 1Tbsp to the pot of cooled mylk
- Cover with a warm damp cloth, and then close fully with lid.
- Let this sit overnight at room temp (this recipe is affected by temperature, so do bare this in mind when you try it at home)
- In the morning, blend your sour yogurt with mixed berries and sugar to taste.
- Take out the overnight oats - pour your now, sweet fruit flavoured yogurt on top of the oats
- Top with more fruits of choice, dark chocolate, maple syrup and nut butter
- Enjoy! A healthy start to the day, a simple & tasty breakfast using our Organic, unpasteurised soya mylk.