TOFU CHOCO MOUSSE & CARAMELISED ORANGE TART
When life throws curve balls, throw back a slice of this heaven and that’ll sort it!
then sit back and put things in perspective, because there’s really nothing more important than happy bellies and full hearts #fact
So, here’s an easy pick-me-up that’ll remind you what’s good!
FOR THE PASTRY
- Blend together with fingers the following:
- 1 & 3/4 cup of all purpose flour,
- 1tbsp sugar,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and then
- crumble in cold vegan butter -about 3/4 cup, until the mixture is crumbly and roughly sticking together.
- Add 4tbsp of cold water, drizzle it in slowly and gently mix with fork, until it’s all absorbed.
- Then flour your surface,
- break apart your dough into 4 pieces,
- flatten each of them once, then scrape them all together into 1 ball - don’t’ knead it too much or it will become hard when cooked.
- Wrap in airtight seal, stick in the fridge.
- Get 250g of our the'artyvegan tofu & crumble into a blender,
- add 2 Tbsp of demerara sugar,
- then add orange flavouring - I like to use orange juice, but you can use an orange essence too (to taste)
- begin to blitz and then melt one 100g block of vegan chocolate (by placing in a pot sitting over boiling water),
- add 3 tbsp of melted coconut oil to the chocolate and once all is melted and stirred - pour into blender and blitz.
- Remove from blender and keep in fridge.
Once it’s baked - take out and allow to cool fully on a rack.
FOR THE CARAMELISED ORANGES:
- Slice and gently melt some vegan butter in a pan,
- add a touch of cinnamon powder and
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar, allow to make a thick sauce.
- Place oranges in pan, and let it go brown.
- Press down the oranges to allow more juice and sugar to help the process- turn over slices and do the same on the other side!
- Then set aside to cool.
Finally, pipe your mousse on to pastry, decorate & serve!
Bon Apetite x