CHORIZO STYLE SEITAN STEAK AU POIVRE with MUSTARD MASH & GARLIC CREAM
Release tension, and sip some wine whilst cooking up this delicious, hearty storm. Happy to present one of Elloras’ specials, & a firm family favourite!!
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Mustard Paste
- Vegan butter
- Soya mylk
- Fresh garlic
- White onion
- Chilli flakes
- Black pepper corn
- Bay leaf
- Fresh or dried Rosemary
- White wine
- Portobello mushrooms
- Baby courgettes
- Sunflower oil
- Nutritional Yeast
- Garlic Powder
- Corn Flour
FOR THE MASH
- First start by peeling your pots (2 large ones for 2 people) for the mash (be sure not to throw away those peels and rather keep them with any other bits in your freezer - they’re excellent for making zerowaste veg stock as it’s a bit starchy!)
- You’ll want to wash and then put them on to boil. *You’re pots are ready when the knife you check them with comes out easily*
- Add 1tsp of salt to that water as they boil.
- Once ready, drain water, and begins to mash gently with a fork
- Add1/4 tsp of black pepper,
- 1/4 tsp salt,
- 1 tbsp of vegan butter,
- ....and continue to gently mash till larger chunks disappear.
- Then add 1/4 cup of warmed fresh the'artyvegan soya mylk, and continue to mash.
- Finally, add 1 tbsp of mustard paste, and stir in well. If you don’t like mustard feel free to omit!
- Once ready cover and set aside to keep warm
- Chop 2 cloves of garlic and half a white onion
- Sautee these in a pan with vegan butter till golden
- Add to taste: chilli flakes, black pepper corns, bay leaf, rosemary and let it cook gently.
- Before it starts to get a little dry...Cut a burger sized chunk of our Chorixo style seitan and place in the pan.
- Add two dashes of white wine and let it evaporate through.
- Simmer on both sides, till crispy and brown.
- If you can sautée your other ingredients -portobello mushrooms & baby courgettes in the same pan, so that it is all infused with the flavours!
- With a hand blender simply blend together 200ml of soya mylk, and 40ml of sunflower oil,
- Add a pinch of salt,
- 1/2 tsp nooch (nutritional yeast flakes)
- 1/4tsp garlic powder,
- 1/2 tsp corn flour.
- Blitz until creamy and smooth
Et voilà! DINNER IS SERVED! Don’t forget to tag us in yours!